Dec. 30, 2002
FORT WORTH, Texas -
About Today's Game...
The Lady Frogs (5-5) entertain Texas Southern (2-5) this afternoon in the first half of another TCU doubleheader. The men host Grambling State beginning at 7:05 p.m. Junior forward Amy Pack is today's Spotlight Player.
TCU is coming off its first-ever win over a top-10 team as the Lady Frogs downed ninth-ranked Vanderbilt on Saturday by a 70-53 count.
Texas Southern, led by head coach Lacey Reynolds, comes to Fort Worth after falling to Texas A&M yesterday afternoon, 67-46. Victoria Jones led the Lady Tigers with 17 points and 13 boards in the loss.
This season, Kimberly Davis has paced the team with 9.3 points per game, while Jones is the team-leading rebounder with 40, good for a 5.7rpg average.
The Lady Tigers' game at Texas A&M was their fourth of the season against a Big 12 school. They've also played at Baylor, Kansas State and Nebraska.
About Amy Pack...
TCU Career * 2001-2002
* Sat out the entire 2001-02 campaign due to NCAA transfer rules.
* Topped the Western Athletic Conference in overall scoring (19.1) and finished second in rebounding (9.4) as a sophomore at UTEP.
* Was a first-team all-WAC selection.
* Finished 31st nationally in scoring and ranked fifth among all sophomores.
* Was an academic all-conference honoree.
* Posted a career-high 34 points against SUL Ross State (12-30-00).
* Voted UTEP's team MVP for the second straight season.
* Earned WAC Player of the Week honors in late November.
* Led the conference in scoring (18.5) and rebounding (8.9) in league games as a freshman.
* Became the first freshman in WAC history to lead the league in conference-game scoring average.
* Averaged 16.1 points and 8.3 rebounds per game for the year.
* Was WAC Freshman of the Year, second-team all-WAC and appeared on the all-newcomer team in 1999-00.
* Had nine double-doubles as a freshman and led the Miners in scoring, rebounding, free throws, blocks and steals.
* Earned four letters at Stephenville High School, and was voted team MVP each year.
* Was first-team all-district and academic all-district each of her four seasons.
* Was a second-team all-state selection.
* Also earned all-region and all-area honors.
* Full Name: Amy Pack
* Parents: Eddie and Karen Johnson
* Major: Kinesiology