March 9, 2006
Complete Release in PDF Format
Download Free Acrobat Reader
NEXT UP ON THE TCU DOCKET
* TCU, seeded fourth, will face the top-seeded BYU Cougars on Friday afternoon in the semifinals of the Mountain West Conference Tournament. Regular-season champion BYU was the lone MWC school to sweep the season series from TCU. This is the sixth straight year that TCU has been in a conference tournament semifinal contest. Game time is set for 2:30 p.m. (CST)/1:30 p.m. (MST) and the game will be televised live on CSTV.
LAST TIME OUT FOR TCU AND BYU
* TCU advanced through the quarterfinals by dropping the fifth-seeded Wyoming Cowgirls, 63-55, in Wednesday's nightcap. The Lady Frogs led from wire-to-wire and jumped out to a 32-17 halftime advantage before hanging on for the win. TCU held Wyoming to 12 percent shooting in the first half. Natasha Lacy led the Frogs with 14 points, 11 in the final nine minutes, and was a rebound shy of a double-double.
* BYU pulled away from eighth-seeded Colorado State on Wednesday evening, earning a 65-45 victory. The Cougars held just a three-point lead at intermission. BYU forced CSU into 25 turnovers on the night. Co-Player of the Year Ambrosia Anderson paced the team with 20 points and nine boards.
THE TCU-BYU SERIES
* BYU holds a 5-2 edge in the all-time series after taking the season's first contest, 67-64, in Fort Worth on Jan. 25 and winning the Feb. 22 meeting, 73-56, in Provo.
* Five of the seven lifetime meetings have been decided by eight points or less. Three of the last four clashes have been determined by five points or less.
* BYU was the lone MWC team to sweep the two-game season series from TCU this season.