Women's basketball returns home to face San Diego State Saturday
Feb. 17, 2006
ABOUT THE GAME
LAST TIME OUT FOR TCU AND SAN DIEGO STATE
* The Aztecs remained winless in league play after dropping a 64-48 decision at home to UNLV on Wednesday. No San Diego State player reached double figures in the contest. It was the third consecutive game, and the eighth time this season, in which the Aztecs failed to score 50 points.
THE TCU-SAN DIEGO STATE SERIES
* TCU is 2-0 against the Aztecs at home, winning the first by an 83-68 count on Jan. 15, 1998, and the second 75-49 on Dec. 2, 2001, in the Cook Children's TCU Hoops Invitational.
* The Lady Frogs have won their three games by an average of 19.3 points per game and have lost the two contests by an average of 9.0 points.
* In the first meeting this year, TCU used a 14-5 run during the first four minutes of the second half to break the game open. The Lady Frogs later went on a 12-0 run and led by as many as 29 in the second half (71-42, 8:49).
* TCU's January win over SDSU was the 350th win in the program's history and 275th at the NCAA Division I level. Adrianne Ross scored 20 points, while Lorie Butler-Rayford had a double-double (11 points, career-high 13 rebounds).
GET OUT THE BROOMS
* TCU will also try to earn a two-game sweep of San Diego State on Saturday afternoon. The Lady Frogs split their other completed season series with Wyoming and New Mexico.