Feb. 6, 2003
FORT WORTH, Texas -
About Sunday's Game...
The Lady Frogs (9-11, 2-5 C-USA) take on Houston (10-9, 2-5 C-USA) for the second time this season on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 2:00 p.m. at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum. In the first meeting at Hofheinz Pavilion, Chandi Jones and Shondra Bush led the Cougars to the 64-50 win with 24 and 20 points, respectively. Junior center Stephanie Faulkner will be the Spotlight Player and will sign autographs following the contest.
Sunday's game will be shown on the C-USA TV network. Local station KFWD-TV (Ch. 52) will show the game in the metroplex. Amy Prichard and Don Russell will call all of the action.
Houston leads the overall series 24 games to 6. Last season, TCU swept the Cougars with wins on back-to-back weekends.
Jones continues to pace the Cougars as she is averaging 27.1 points and 7.8 rebounds per contest. In the 68-74 loss at Marquette, Jones tallied 38 points. She also leads the squad in steals with 70 for the year. Jones is hitting 50% of her field goal attempts (179-of-358).
Bush is averaging in double-figure points with 16.3 per game. Nicole Oliver is leading Houston in assists (57) and is second on the team in rebounds with 5.6 per contest.
The Cougars are coming off of a pair of road losses at DePaul and Marquette.
About Stephanie Faulkner...
* Averaged 14.1 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocked shots per game as a sophomore for Iowa Western Community College.
* Helped Iowa Western to a school-record 30-5 overall record in 2001-02 and a fifth-place finish at the National Junior College Tournament.
* Posted 18.0 points per contest for the Reivers after returning from a first semester illness.
* Named second team Academic All-American by the National Junior College Athletic Association.
* Blocked a single-game school-record eight shots during her sophomore year.
* Played basketball and lettered three seasons at Omaha (Neb.) North High School for head coach Thomas Lee.
* Led prep team to the Nebraska state championship as a sophomore.
* Was on North's state runner-up squad in both her junior and senior seasons.
* Averaged 14.5 points and 9.1 rebounds per game her final campaign.
* Full Name: Stephanie Faulkner
* Major: Child Psychology