Dec. 17, 2006
Complete Release in PDF Format
Download Free Acrobat Reader
Game #10, Dec. 18, 2006, TCU (6-3) vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff (2-7)
7 p.m. (CT), Daniel-Meyer Coliseum, Fort Worth, Texas
The Horned Frogs Against the Golden Lions
* TCU sports a perfect 3-0 record all time against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
* The series began in 2000 and the two teams have squared off each of the last two years.
* The Horned Frogs have won the three games by an average of 32.3 points per game.
Earning Their Diplomas
* TCU senior forward Femi Ibikunle earned his undergraduate diploma on Saturday at the university's fall graduation ceremony. He completed his degree in just 3 1/2 years.
* In addition, former Frog Judson Stubbs also walked at the ceremonies. Stubbs completed his playing career last year and finished up his coursework in the fall 2006 semester.
* Since Neil Dougherty took over the program in the 2002-03, 12 TCU players have earned their degrees.
Home For the Holidays
* TCU is in the second game of a season-long four-game home stand.
* The Horned Frogs don't hit the road again until a Dec. 30 game at Colorado.
* Except for the 2002-03 season, TCU has had a home stand of at least four games every season since 1995-96.
* The Horned Frogs have enjoyed an eight-day break since defeating Tulane, 53-51, on Dec. 9.
* The layoff coincided with TCU's finals week for the fall semester.
* In a 17-day span from Dec. 10 through Dec. 26, the Frogs will have played just two games (Dec. 18 and Dec. 21).
* In the 17 days prior (Nov. 23-Dec. 9), TCU played five times.
The Shot Seen Round the World
* Kevin Langford's 15-foot turnaround jumper with 0.4 seconds to give the Horned Frogs a 53-51 victory over Tulane was named SportsCenter's No. 3 Play of the Day last Saturday.
* Langford drilled the shot over the outstretched arms of David Gomez and was so deep along the baseline that it appeared to arc overtop of the backboard.
* It was TCU's third game-winning shot in the final second during head coach Neil Dougherty's tenure. Previously, Chudi Chinweze scored on a putback at the buzzer to defeat Houston, 55-54, on Jan. 13, 2004, and Corey Santee drained a 3-pointer with 0.1 left to win at Memphis, 61-59, on Jan. 15, 2005.
DMC is The Place to Be
* The Horned Frogs are scoring 17.5 points more per game in their home contests (67.5 ppg) than in their road games (50.0 ppg).
* TCU is shooting five percent better in Daniel-Meyer Coliseum (43.7) than away from home (38.2).
* The team is also distributing the ball better at home, notching 83 assists on 138 made field goals (60 percent), compared to just 26 assists on 55 field goals in road games (47 percent).
* The TCU bench has nearly twice as many points as the opposing benches (270-138) through nine games, which figures to 15 points per game (30-15).
* The Frog reserves have totaled 270 points, which is just 15 less than the TCU starters (285) have accounted for.
* TCU is 6-1 when its bench outscores the opposing bench, and 0-2 when being outscored.
* The Frog bench also holds an impressive 126-78 edge in rebounds over the opposing benches (14.0 rpg to 8.7 rpg).