Dec. 4, 2011
TCU 70, Evansville 68
Evansville, Ind. (Ford Center)
Dec. 3, 2011
* TCU improved to 6-2 overall for the second straight season and only the second time since the 2000-01 campaign.
* TCU played its first overtime game since a 66-65 home loss to Air Force last season (Jan. 29). It earned its first victory in extra time since a triple-overtime home win over Texas State (108-99) on Nov. 24, 2009.
* TCU continued its trend of playing close games, improving to 5-0 in games decided by five points or fewer.
* TCU won its second consecutive road game, marking the first time the squad has won successive road contests in the same season since at Air Force (Feb. 6, 2010) and at Wyoming (Feb. 13, 2010) during the 2009-10 campaign.
* TCU has earned victories in its first two road games of the season for the first time since 1999-2000 season, the Frogs downed Alaska-Fairbanks (101-75) and Arkansas State (90-92).
* Hank Thorns matched a career high of 21 points set previously in last season’s home loss to UNLV.
* J.R. Cadot recorded his fifth career double-double, and the second this season, with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
* Amric Fields reached double figures in scoring for the fourth straight games with 12, extending his career-high streak.
* Adrick McKinney’s career-high 14 rebounds marked the most for a Frog since Zvonko Buljan totaled 17 against Cal State Northridge on Nov. 16, 2009.