Nov. 20, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery
TCU 47, Navy 45
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Nov. 20, 2012
* TCU improved to 4-1 for the first time since 2007 with the victory.
* Trent Johnson became the first TCU head coach to start his Frog tenure 4-1 since Mike Brumbelow posted a 6-1 start in 1937.
* TCU is now 18-4 in its last 22 games at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum dating back to the start of last season.
* TCU has trailed in the second half in three of its four victories this season.
* TCU held its opponent to under 50 points for the fourth time in five games this season. Its four previous efforts allowing fewer than 50 stretched back 122 games to the 2008 season.
* TCU has won back-to-back games when it scored fewer than 50 points for the first time since the 1950-51 season, when it defeated Texas A&M (30-27) and Texas (49-34) in consecutive home contests.
* TCU continued its streak of outshooting the opponent in each game this season, although its streak of winning the turnover battle came to an end.
* Devonta Abron became the fifth different Frog to lead TCU in scoring in five games this season. He also led TCU in rebounds for the first time.
* Abron recorded his first career double-double by matching a career high with 13 points and adding 12 rebounds. It marked the fourth time in Abron’s career he reached double digits in boards.
* Abron’s play helped TCU win the rebounding battle for the first time in three games.
* Kyan Anderson extended his streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to seven dating back to last season.
* TCU utilized its third different starting lineup of the season. Devonta Abron made his first start as a Frog after earning 22 last season as a true freshman at Arkansas.