Nov. 18, 2012
Box Score |
TCU 44, Prairie View A&M 39
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Nov. 18, 2012
* TCU improved to 3-1 for the third straight season with the victory.
* TCU moved to 26-1 all-time in games against teams from the Southwestern Athletic Conference. The Frogs have won each of the last 25 matchups.
* TCU erased a double-digit deficit (14 points) in a victory for the fifth time dating back to the start of last season. The Frogs recorded comebacks last season of 18, 18, 15 and 10 points.
* TCU’s 44 points marked the fewest for the Horned Frogs in a victory since a 35-26 home win over East Texas State (now Texas A&M-Commerce) on Dec. 1, 1983.
* TCU’s 17 first-half points tied for the seventh-fewest ever for the Frogs in an opening half.
* The two teams combined for just 37 first-half points and shot 11-of-41 from the floor.
* TCU has posted advantage in shooting percentage and turnovers each game this season.
* Trent Johnson is the first TCU head coach to begin his Frog career 3-1 since Billy Tubbs in 1994. One more victory would match the best five-game start for a TCU head coach since Mike Brumbelow, who opened 6-1 in 1937.
* Jarvis Ray led TCU in scoring for the first time in his career with 13 points.
* Ray reached double figures in scoring for the third consecutive game. He had only scored in double digits once for TCU prior to this season.
*Garlon Green, who totaled 10 rebounds, led TCU on the glass for the third time this season. It marked Green’s third career effort with double digits.
* Devonta Abron totaled 10 points and eight rebounds, both his top figures since joining the Frogs in the offseason from Arkansas.