Nov. 14, 2011
Final Stats |
TCU 103, Austin College 45
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Nov. 14, 2011
* TCU improved to 2-0 for the third straight season and the fifth time in the last six years.
* The Frogs improved to 7-1 in their last eight games against teams from the state of Texas dating back to the middle of the 2009-10 season. TCU has six more contests this season against opponents from the Lone Star State.
* Jim Christian is 12-3 against Texas teams since becoming the Frog head coach prior to the 2008-09 season.
* TCU broke the 100-point barrier for the first time since a triple-overtime win over Texas State on Nov. 24, 2009 (108-99).
* The game also marked TCU’s first triple-digit regulation game since a 102-89 victory over Centenary on Jan. 4, 2003.
* The 58-point margin of victory marked TCU’s largest in a game since a 130-71 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Dec. 30, 2000.
* The Frogs’ 35 forced turnovers were their most since collecting 41 in that same game against APBU.
* TCU forced 20 first-half turnovers, the second straight game the squad forced at least 19 miscues in the opening period. No team had more than 19 turnovers in an entire game against the Frogs last season.
* Green’s 17 points tied for the third-best outing of his career. He set his career high of 21 points last season against Northwestern State.
* Seven Frogs set or matched career scoring highs: Kyan Anderson (8), Connell Crossland (4), Cheick Kone (4), Adrick McKinney (10), Thomas Montigel (4), Jarvis Ray(12) and Chris Zurcher (9).
* McKinney notched TCU’s first double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
* TCU emptied the bench, as each of the 13 players who dressed saw the floor. All 13 players scored. Sophomore Chris Zurcher made his first career appearance, while Cheick Kone and Thomas Montigel hit the floor for the first time this season.
* TCU’s 15 steals were its most in a game since collecting 16 in a Dec. 27, 2007 win vs. Jackson State.