Nov. 12, 2012
Box Score |
TCU 75, Centenary 47
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Nov. 12, 2012
* TCU improved to 2-0 for the fourth straight season and the sixth time in seven years.
* Trent Johnson became the first Frog head coach to win his first two games at TCU since Billy Tubbs opened up with three consecutive victories in 1994.
* TCU won for the 16th time in its last 19 home games dating back to the start of the 2011-12 campaign.
* TCU shot 56.4 percent from the field, its highest single-game mark since posting a rate of 59.1 percent in last season’s home win over Austin College (Nov. 14, 2011).
* TCU posted a 41-26 advantage in the rebounding column.
* Adrick McKinney matched his scoring high with 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting. He reached double figures for the first time since a Jan. 18, 2012 matchup at UNLV, a stretch of 18 games.
* Connell Crossland scored in double figures for the first time in his career with 12 points.
* Crossland added a game-high 10 rebounds for his first career double-double. Monday marked his second career game with double digits in boards.
* Kyan Anderson, who finished with 10 points, went 2-of-3 from 3-point range and is now 5-of-8 this season. He has gone 18-of-36 (50.0 percent) from beyond the arc over the last nine games dating back to last season.
* Jarvis Ray finished just one point shy of his career scoring best with 11 points.
* Two Frogs made their season debuts in Chris Zurcher and Charles Hill Jr. Hill’s appearance marked his first appearance ever as a Frog.