Feb. 7, 2013
Recap | Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
TCU 62, #5/5 Kansas 55
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Feb. 6, 2013
* TCU improved to 10-12 overall and 1-8 in Big 12 Conference play. The squad ended an eight-game losing streak and its worst start to a conference season since 1978-79, when the Frogs began Southwest Conference play 0-9.
* TCU defeated a top-5 ranked tam for the first time in school history. The Frogs entered the game 0-20 in all-time matchups against such squads, including 0-5 at home.
* TCU improved to 3-2 in its last five games against ranked squads dating back to last season. The Frogs downed No. 11 UNLV and No. 18 New Mexico last season. One of the two losses came in overtime last season to No. 21 San Diego State.
* The highest ranked squad TCU had previously defeated was No. 6 on two occasions: vs. No. 6 Arkansas on March 11, 1983 in Dallas (Southwest Conference tournament) and vs. No. 6 Oklahoma on Dec. 27, 1987 in Oklahoma City, Okla. (All-College Tournament).
* TCU coach Trent Johnson improved to 2-0 in his head-coaching career against Kansas. His only other meeting with the Jayhawks came with Nevada on Dec. 21, 2003, which ended in a 75-61 home Wolf Pack victory.
* Connell Crossland set a career high with 15 rebounds and added eight points. It marked his third game this season with double figures in rebounds and the fourth time in his career.
* Garlon Green led TCU in the scorebook with a game-high 20 points on 7-of-13 shooting. It marked his fifth game this season with 20 points or more and the eighth of his career.
* Green, who appeared in his 100th consecutive game for TCU, also moved into a tie for eighth place on the Frogs’ all-time games played list with Bingo Merriex (118; 2000-03).
* TCU’s 62 points marked its highest scoring figure in nine Big 12 games to date. It recorded its previous high during an 82-56 home loss to Baylor on Jan. 26.
* TCU set a new Daniel-Meyer Coliseum attendance record Wednesday with a figure of 7,412. The previous high for a Frog men’s game was 7,267 against Kansas on Dec. 1, 2003. The TCU women’s team set the overall facility record earlier this season during its Jan. 5 matchup against Baylor with 7,394 fans in attendance.
* TCU held Kansas to 13 points in the first half, the Jayhawks' lowest point total in a half since they began tracking records in 1988-89.
* TCU improved to 10-1 when outshooting the opponent. The squad is 0-11 when outshot.