Jan. 11, 2012
Final Stats |
TCU 88, Texas-Pan American 58
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Jan. 11, 2011
* TCU improved to 10-5, which matches the best start for the Horned Frogs since the 2000-01 season, when the squad won 12 of its first 15 games.
* TCU reached the 10-win mark in non-conference play for the first time since 2004-05. A victory Feb. 6 at SMU would give the Frogs 11 in a season for the first time since 2000-01.
* TCU improved to 6-0 this season against opponents from the state of Texas. A win Feb. 6 vs. SMU in the Frogs’ final matchup against an in-state foe would give the squad an undefeated campaign against Texas teams for only the third time in school history (18-0 in 1951-52; 9-0 in 1997-98).
* TCU improved to 9-0 when scoring 70 points or more and 7-0 when shooting at least 45.0 percent from the field.
* TCU finished the contest shooting 52.4 percent from the field overall, the third time this season the Frogs shot 50 percent or better.
* TCU scored 47 points in the first half, its most points in an opening period this season.
* TCU’s 18-point run to open the game was its longest spurt overall in any game this season. The team’s previous best was a 13-0 run early in the first half of the Dec. 22 home victory over Grambling State.
* UTPA recorded 22 turnovers, marking the sixth time TCU has forced 20 or more in a game this season. The most the Frogs forced in any game last season was 19.
* Hank Thorns led TCU in scoring for the seventh time this season, while Craig Williams paced the team for the second time.
* Kyan Anderson dished out a career-high seven assists, surpassing his previous high of six set during the Dec. 22 home win over Grambling.
* Thorns and Garlon Green both celebrated birthdays Thursday. Thorns turned 23, while Green turned 21.
* All 13 Frogs who dressed saw game action.