Jan. 5, 2013
Texas Tech 62, TCU 53
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Jan. 5, 2012
* TCU fell to 9-5 overall and 0-1 in Big 12 Conference play. The squad saw its season-high three-game winning streak snapped.
* TCU fell to 42-49 all-time in conference season openers. The squad has dropped its last three openers.
* TCU was outshot from the floor for only the fourth time this season. The squad is now 0-4 in such contests.
* TCU fell to 5-2 when outrebounding the opponent. The Frogs' 17 offensive rebounds marked a season high.
* TCU utilized its sixth different starting lineup this season with Kyan Anderson, Nate Butler Lind, Garlon Green, Adrick McKinney and Devonta Abron. Saturday marked the first game that McKinney and Abron started together.
* TCU matched its team season high of seven blocked shots set previously vs. Centenary (Nov. 12).
* Devonta Abron led TCU in scoring for the third time this season with 16 points. The effort marked Abron's fifth double-digit output of the season.
* Abron also collected a career-high four blocked shots, surpassing his previous best of two. It marked the most blocks by a Frog since Alvardo Parker amassed five vs. Colorado State on Jan. 17, 2007.
* Garlon Green scored nine points and now needs only 10 more to become the 31st player in TCU history with 1,000 points and the 20th Frog with 1,000 points and 400 rebounds.
* Kyan Anderson's streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer came to an end at seven straight games. Green now leads the team with a streak of five straight games with at least one trey.