Jan. 4, 2012
Final Stats |
TCU 78, Rice 74
Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum)
Jan. 4, 2011
* TCU improved 9-5 overall, matching last season’s non-conference victory total with two more games to play.
* TCU improved to 7-0 in games decided by six points or fewer. The seven wins marks the Frogs’ most in a single season by six points or fewer since 2003-04, when seven of the team’s 12 wins came within the margin.
* TCU improved to 5-0 this season against teams from the state of Texas and 11-1 in its last 12 opportunities. The Frogs are 16-3 overall against teams from the Lone Star State in head coach Jim Christian’s tenure.
* TCU is now 8-0 this season when scoring 70 points or more and 6-0 when shooting 45.0 percent or better from the field overall.
* TCU won its third straight home matchup against Rice. The Frogs have not lost to the Owls at the DMC since Jan. 20, 2001 (73-66).
* Amric Fields tied a season high with 18 points and matched his career high with six rebounds. He led the Frogs in scoring for the second time this season.
* Kyan Anderson, who totaled 13 points, recorded his fourth career double-figure scoring performance.
* Hank Thorns recorded a season-high nine assists while committing only two turnovers. Over the last three games, Thorns has dished out 22 assists against only two miscues.