* Perhona Tomlin put together an outstanding fall and looks to regain the form that made her a junior college national champion.
* Expected to be much improved this season and has national aspirations at 800 meters and as a key member of the 4x400 and distance medley relay teams.
* Competed in the open 800, on the 4x400 meter and on the distance medley relay teams.
* Arrived on the TCU campus in January and never seemed to get in sync during the track season.
* Best indoor time at 800 meters was set at the Tyson Invitational when she turned in a 2:15.28.
* Placed fifth at the WAC Outdoor Championships in the 800 with a time of 2:12.17...Turned in her best time of the spring in the WAC prelims when she clocked a 2:11.42.
* Ran the anchor leg on the 4x400 outdoor relay team that recorded a season-best and NCAA provisional time of 3:38.85.
1999-2000 (Barton County C.C.)
* Earned NJCAA All-America honors 16 times at Barton County Community College in Great Bend, Kansas.
* Won the 2000 juco national championship in the 800 meters with a time of 2:07.02...Ran on the national championship 4x400, distance medley relay and 4x800 relay teams.
* Captured the indoor 600 meter national championship in 1999.
* Helped Barton County win three team titles during her two-year stint (`99 indoor, `00 indoor and outdoor).
* Coached by Lance Brauman.
* Tomlin was coached by Maurice Wilson at Haudwood Tech in Manchester, Jamaica.
* Recorded one of the top 10 800-meter splits in high school when she clocked a 2:09 at the Penn Relays.
* Was the Jamaican girls champion 800-meter runner from 1996-'98 and the 1500 meter champion in 1997 and `98.
* Perhona Nathecia Tomlin was born on December 21, 1978...Parents are Gladson and Valeta Tomlin.
* Studying social work and is interested in attending law school following graduation.
* Enjoys cooking and watching television.
* Brothers Dean and Ashon are both track coaches.