* Senior horizontal jump specialist who looks to make a name for himself on the national level in his final season of competition.
* A national qualifier in 2002, Lawrence is the TCU record holder in the indoor triple jump.
* The defending Conference USA indoor and outdoor triple jump champion is a potential point scorer at the NCAA meet.
* Possesses excellent work habits in the weight room and has developed into a team leader.
* Competed in both the long jump and triple jump during both in the indoor and outdoor seasons.
* Turned in a career-best long jump of 7.34 meters at the C-USA Indoor Championships to place sixth.
* Set the school indoor record in the triple jump with a leap of 15.97 meters (52-4.75) at the Tyson Indoor Classic in Fayetteville, Ark. on February 2... the jump earned him a spot at the NCAA Indoor Championships.
* Captured the gold medal in the triple jump at the C-USA indoor meet with a best mark of 15.44 meters.
* Placed 11th in the triple jump at the NCAA Indoor Championships in Fayetteville on March 9 with a best effort of 15.45 meters.
* Took top honors in the triple jump in four meets during the outdoor season, winning at the LSU Alumni Gold Invitational, the Texas A&M Invitational, the TCU Invitational and the C-USA Championships.
* Won the Conference USA outdoor triple jump with a best leap of 15.88 meters (52-01.25)... it was an NCAA provisional mark, but was not good enough to make the NCAA Outdoor Championships.
* Competed in both the long and triple jumps during both the indoor and outdoor seasons.
* Captured the WAC Indoor triple jump title with a season-best leap of 15.59m (51-01.75).
* Placed fourth in the WAC Outdoor Championships in the triple jump with a mark of 15.59m (51-01.75)... best mark during the season was a 15.66 jump at the Texas A&M Invitational.
* Set the school indoor triple jump record on February 11 at Fayetteville with a mark of 50-0 3/4.
* Posted a second place finish in the WAC Indoor Championships with a triple jump of 49-1 3/4, with his best leap coming on his final attempt.
* Was the second best freshman triple jumper in the country.
* Best outdoor jump was 51-9 1/4 at the for a second place finish at the WAC Championships...Went from fifth to second with that final effort.
* Top long jump effort was a wind-aided 24-3 at the TCU Invitational.
* The 1999 Class 5A Texas state champion in the triple jump, Lawrence ranked among the nation's top high school performers in the event as he consistently produced leaps in the 50-foot range as a senior.
* Earned mention on the Track & Field News All-America team as the third-ranked triple jumper among U.S. high school boys.
* His best mark of his senior season was a wind-aided jump of 50 feet, 9 inches, to win the District 7-5A championship.
* His best wind-legal mark of 50-7 at the Texas state meet ranked third among prep performances in the United States in 1999.
* Won the Texas Relays title (49-11), the District 7-5A championship, the Class 5A Region I title (49-11 1/2) and the Class 5A State Championship (50-7) as a senior.
* Competed at the 1999 USATF Junior National Track & Field Championships (athletes ages 19 and under) and placed fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 49-6 1/2.
* Posted a long jump best of 23-10 3/4...Named a USA Track & Field All-America as a senior... set meet records in seven of 10 meets.
* Brandal Lawrence was born on October 27, 1981... is the son of Billie and Tijuana Lawrence.