* Chaunte Baldwin was one of the state's most coveted recruits when she signed with TCU in 1998.
* Talented athlete who has been plagued with injuries during her TCU career...If healthy, has the potential to be a national qualifier in both the 100 and 200 meters as a senior...Will also run on the 4x100-meter relay team.
* One of the most reliable parts of TCU's relay success over the past three years...Has developed into a team leader.
* Short sprinter who reached the WAC Indoor Championships at both 55 meters and 200 meters...False started in the final of the 55-meter dash and placed sixth in the finals of the 200-meters with a time of 24.68.
* Competed in the 100 meters during the outdoor season...Best time was an 11.60 mark at the TCU Invitational.
* Placed fourth at the WAC Championships with a time of 11.65 in the finals, joining teammates Monica Twum and Sonia Williams among the top four.
* Also ran the second leg on TCU's 4x100 meter relay team which won the conference title in 44.19 and advanced to the NCAA meet.
* Ran a leg on the 4x100-meter relay team that competed Penn Relays.
* Placed fifth in the 100-meter dash in the WAC Outdoor Championships, breaking the tape in 11.91.
* Logged an eighth place finish in the 200 meters at the WAC Outdoor Championships, finishing in a time of 24.51.
* Began the year with a promising start to the indoor season, running TCU's fastest time in the 55m with a 7.10 at the OU Indoor Classic on January 30 at Norman.
* Posted a best of 12.03 in the 100m at the Texas A&M Invitational in College Station on April 10...Ran a 24.90 in the 200m and ran the second leg on the 4x100m relay in the same meet.
* Struggled with minor injuries during her freshman season, hindering her development.
* Posted bests of 11.5 in the 100, 24.1 in the 200 and 39-6 1/2 in the triple jump at Southwest High School.
* Voted the Female Athlete of the Year in 1998 by the Fort Worth Girls Coaches Association.
* Earned a total of 10 varsity letters in three sports during a stellar prep career: four in track, four in volleyball and two monograms in basketball
* Twice named all-state in track & field and earned all-district honors all four years in volleyball
* Coached in track & field by Victor Boyd.
* Chaunte LaJoyce Baldwin is the daughter of Stephen and Ruby Baldwin of Fort Worth... Born May 13, 1980.
* Majoring in fashion promotion/communications at TCU.
* Also works as a model.